May 20th – Update
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community and world has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow and the new practices we have introduced since COVID-19 to keep patients and our team safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations. We are planning to return to patient care on a regular basis, May 26th. We will adjust this start date based upon evolutions in guidance from the above agencies.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We are using industry leading practices to help protect our patients and team.
Disinfection and Air-Filtration:
- We have purchased eleven IQ Air, Health Pro Plus, hospital grade air filters with multi-stage filtration of particles down to .003 microns, which is significantly smaller in size than Covid-19 at approximately .125 microns. One air filter has been placed in each of our patient treatment rooms, one in the waiting room and one at our front desk area. All eleven filters will be operating continuously throughout the day. These air filters will clean all the air in each treatment room once every 6 minutes. You can learn more about these filters at https://www.iqair.com/.
- We have invested in a hospital grade UV-C disinfecting light that will be used after recommended surface cleaning and disinfection has occurred using EPA approved disinfecting solutions. UV-C lights disinfect the air, hard and varied surfaces. You can learn more about UV-C disinfecting at https://www.steril-aire.com/product/remedial-in-room-decontamination-system-rids/.
- To ensure air traveling into our facility from our heating and cooling system is disinfected, we have also invested in hospital grade UV-C disinfecting lights that will be positioned at each of our 6 air handling units. You can learn more about UV-C disinfection in HVAC systems at https://www.steril-aire.com/products/hvac-surface-airstream-solutions/
- In addition, we have also upgraded our HVAC filters to MERV11 which traps up to 95% of airborne particles.
- We will continue to use EPA approved surface disinfecting solutions and using disinfecting protocols recommended by the CDC and OSHA between each patient. We will be increasing the frequency of disinfection of all hard surfaces in the patient waiting room, front desk, patient consultation rooms, door handles and team member work spaces on an hourly basis in additional to UV-C light disinfection.
- We have hired 2 additional team members to assist with patient care and disinfection.
Enhanced Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
- Our team is provided with the highest quality Personal Protective Equipment available.
- Due to the additional PPE that our team will be wearing, we will be keeping our office cooler than we have in the past. You may want to dress more warmly for your appointment. We also have blankets available, which are laundered after each patient use.
- We have rearranged our reception area and placed social distancing indicators on the floor to make social distancing easy.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer books, iPads, water and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Our office will communicate with you 2 days before your appointment to ask some screening questions. We will review these same questions to note any changes when you arrive for your appointment.
- One new requirement that we are asking of our patients is to complete a Medical History and COVID-19 screening 2 days prior to your appointment either online or by calling our office.
- Patients are required to wear a mask while in our office. If you do not have one, we will provide you with one.
- We will also provide you with hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- We provide each patient with protective eye wear for their appointment. This eye wear is sterilized after each patient use, but if you feel more comfortable bringing your own, we encourage you to do so.
- We ask that you come alone to your appointment in order to reduce the number of people in the reception area. Only the patient will be allowed in the clinical operatory, with rare exceptions.
- Please arrive 5 or fewer minutes before your appointment.
- We ask that you bring only essential items to your appointment (e.g. keys, phone, form of payment, reading material).
- If you prefer, you may wait in your car and we can call you when we are ready to see you. If you choose to do this, please call us when you arrive to check in.
- We will be taking your temperature when you arrive for your appointment and our team members’ temperature each day to notice any signs of increased immune system activity that may suggest an illness.
We will continue to closely monitor updates from the American Dental Association, Centers for Disease Control, Occupational Safety and Health Administration(OSHA) and will continue to seek guidance from these agencies and public health officials. We will keep you informed of any changes.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 608.467.8022 or visit our website at www.artisandentalmadison.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr Nicole Andersen and teama