About Dr. Andersen:
Artisan Dental is the product of Dr. Andersen’s vision, training and values.
Dr. Andersen graduated from the University of Iowa with a B.A. in Biology and a D.D.S. degree from the College of Dentistry. She has been in private practice since 1998.
Continuing education and staying connected with the newest techniques, products, and equipment is essential to a journey of excellence. Dr. Andersen’s passion for learning has resulted in her devoting hundreds of hours to higher learning, including hands-on clinics with some of the best instructors in the world.
Learn more about the specific post-graduate continuing education courses and hands-on clinics Dr. Andersen has participated in below, including studying under the direction of Dr. Newton Fahl Jr., Fahl Center, Dr. Pete Dawson, The Dawson Academy, Dr. Pascal Magne, Interdisciplinary Dental Education Academy, Dr. Arun Garg, Implant Seminars and Dr. David Hornbrook of the Hornbrook Group.
Dr. Andersen graduated with honors from the Hornbrook Group’s distinguished national clinical training program in Chicago, IL. This hands-on program in cosmetic dentistry focuses on smile design and enhancement using the latest state-of-the-art technology and materials. Nationwide, only one percent of dentists graduate from this type of advanced training institute.
Based upon reviews by local dentists and specialists Dr. Andersen was selected as a “Top Dentist” from 2011 – 2017.
In 2017 Dr. Andersen, was named a FAV dentist by readers of Brava Magazine.
Dr. Andersen is also a certified Invisalign® dentist at the Preferred Provider level.
Dr. Andersen married Scott Andersen in 2002, and they are the proud parents of two children. In her free time, she enjoys reading, walking her dogs, and spending time with family.
- Implant Seminars, Implant Dentistry Continuums, Dr. Arun Garg, New York, NY 2013
- Esthetic Restorations, Interdisciplinary Dental Education Academy, Dr. Pascal Magne, San Francisco, CA, 2011
- Mastering Composite Artistry, Fahl Center, Dr. Newton Fahl, Curitiba, Brazil, 2010
- Postgraduate Program in Esthetic Dentistry, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, 2009-2010
- Biometric Diagnostics, Dr. Barry Glassman, Milwaukee, WI. 2009
- San Diego Laser Dental Study Group, Laser Assisted Dentistry, Las Vegas, NV, 2009
- Seattle Study Club of Madison, 2009 – 2017
- Hornbrook Group, Full Mouth Rehabilitation, Louisville, KY, 2008
- Hornbrook Group, Occlusion 1, Chicago, IL, 2007
- Hornbrook Group, Anterior Aesthetics, Chicago, IL, 2006
- Invisalign, Preferred Provider 2014 – Present
- Invisalign, Orthodontic Certification II, 2008
- Invisalign, Orthodontic Certification I, 2007
- Dawson Center for Advanced Dental Study, Complete Dentistry II St. Petersburg, FL, 2001
- Dawson Center for Advanced Dental Study, Complete Dentistry I, St. Petersburg, FL, 2000
- University of Iowa College of Dentistry, Doctor of Dental Surgery, 1998
- University of Iowa, Bachelor of Arts, 1994